nerdy.nel, a bilingual native of The Bronx, is a computer engineer, professional tutor, and transit advocate.
Inglés e español – soy parte dominicano y parte puertorriqueño. ¡Además, inglés es mi segunda idioma!
My day job – mostly on the business side of the fence.
Yes – I tutor mathematics and statistics (learn more here); I have over 13 years of tutoring experience. In addition, I’m actively working on independent certification as a member of the National Tutoring Association.
Yes! The Bronx is in desperate need of bus, subway, bike, and infrastructural improvements – which is why I’m a member of Transportation Alternatives and take part in their Complete the Concourse campaign. In addition to these improvements, my goal is to agitate for transportation justice and environmental justice through highway reform (#deckthehighways)!
nerdynel.me is my ‘lil slice of cyberspace! Here’s what you’ll find:
- professional tutoring. Learn about the nerdy.nel Tutoring Service, my brand of professional tutoring in mathematics, statistics, and more!
- nerdy.blog. My personal blog, featuring commentary on issues of interest and site updates; subsections:
- tutor triumphs. A chronicle of my tutoring escapades. Coming October 1st!
- transit advocacy. My ideas for leveraging transportation infrastructure to improve rail, bus, and bike networks; prominent subsections:
- concourse expressions. Blog posts about The Bronx’s historic Grand Concourse and its transportation.
- engineering. It’s the science of problem solving!
- hbd. Blog posts exploring human biology, genetics, culture, and related trends with emphasis on Latin America and the Caribbean.
- the grand concourse. This page includes an abbreviated history of the Grand Concourse and its transportation, photos*, and the latest Concourse subway and bus ridership statistics.
(*I removed the old photo galleries after deleting my Flickr account; I will upload all new photos over the course of the year!)
[…and the sidebar?]
You’ll find it within the slide-in menu on the upper right corner. It includes:
- A link to my Twitter page.
- Links to the site sections described above.
- looking for something? Search for site content using this search bar.
- the latest. Links to the three most recent blog posts.
- follow nerdy.nel. A link to follow my blog.
- the count. A tally of the site’s readership.
- the legalese. Copyright and disclaimer.
- My blogroll (top to bottom):
- transit advocates. These people and organizations are among many agitating for mass transit improvements in NYC and beyond.
- boogie down. See the beauty of The Bronx through these sites.
- science & engineering. Links to the science and engineering sites that pique my interest.
- transfer station. Other sites, and people, that I find interesting.
[Last updated: 2017.07.09]