nerdy.nel, a bilingual native of The Bronx, is a computer engineer, professional tutor, and transit advocate.
Inglés e español – soy parte dominicano y parte puertorriqueño. ¡Además, inglés es mi segunda idioma!
My day job – mostly on the business side of the fence. Engineering is my life; I have both a Master of Engineering degree and a Bachelor of Technology degree in the field, and an active membership in the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (a.k.a. the IEEE).
Yes – I tutor mathematics and statistics (learn more here); I have over 13 years of tutoring experience. In addition, I’m actively working on independent certification through my membership in the National Tutoring Association.
Yes! The Bronx is in desperate need of bus, subway, bike, and infrastructural improvements – which is why I recently rejoined Transportation Alternatives and take part in their Complete the Concourse campaign. In addition to these improvements, my goal is to agitate for #deckthehighways and see this movement come to fruition.
nerdynel.me is my sliver of the Internet, where you’ll find:
- professional tutoring. Learn about the nerdy.nel Tutoring Service, my brand of professional tutoring in mathematics, statistics, and more!
- transit advocacy. My ideas for leveraging transportation infrastructure to improve rail, bus, and bike networks.
- nerdy.blog. My personal blog, featuring commentary on issues of interest and site updates.
- Prominent subsections:
- Less-prominent subsections:
- the grand concourse. An abbreviated history of the Grand Concourse and its transportation, featuring photos* and the latest subway and bus ridership statistics.
(*I removed the old photo galleries after deleting my Flickr account; I will upload all new photos over the course of the year!)
[…and the sidebar?]
You’ll find it within the slide-in menu on the upper right corner. It includes:
- A link to my Twitter page.
- Links to the site sections described above.
- the latest. Links to the three most recent blog posts.
- follow nerdy.nel. A link to follow my blog.
- the count. A tally of the site’s readership.
- the legalese. Copyright and disclaimer.
- My blogroll (top to bottom):
- transit advocates. These people and organizations are among many agitating for mass transit improvements in NYC and beyond.
- boogie down. See the beauty of The Bronx through these sites.
- science & engineering. Links to the science and engineering sites that pique my interest.
- transfer station. Other sites, and people, that I find interesting.
[Last updated: 2017.05.23]