nerdy.nel, a 30-year-old bilingual native of The Bronx, is a professional mathematics and statistics tutor, engineering enthusiast, and lay researcher. nerdynel.me, my website, is a concourse of research.
Inglés e español – soy parte dominicano y parte puertorriqueño. ¡Comenze hablando español antes de hablar inglés!
[…professional mathematics and statistics tutor?]
Yes! I’ve over 12 years of tutoring experience under my belt!
Why, yes, for I:
- am a computer engineer,
- have a Master of Engineering degree in electrical engineering and a baccalaureate degree in electronics and engineering technology,
- am an active member of the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (better known as the IEEE),
- and freakin’ love mathematics and statistics – areas where engineering thrives!
Although I’m affiliated with several organizations, my work is independent of all of them; I conduct my research out of personal interest.
[…a concourse of research?]
con·course \ˈkän-ˌkȯrs, ˈkäŋ-\1: an act or process of coming together and merging
So what exactly “comes together” here? I’m glad you asked:
- the tutoring. Learn about the nerdy.nel Tutoring Service, my brand of professional tutoring in mathematics, statistics, and résumé and cover letter writing.
- the grand concourse. An abbreviated history of The Bronx’s historic Grand Concourse and its subway stations, featuring photos and the latest ridership statistics.
- the blog. My personal blog.
- the concourse. Blog posts about The Bronx’s historic Grand Concourse and subway line.
- the hub. My research hub, where I explore engineering, biological and genetic diversity in Latin America and the Caribbean, and statistical trends I find interesting.
- the lessons. Blog posts chronicling my tutoring escapades.
- the nook. Blog news and notes, commentary, poetry, and other miscellany. (Hey, that rhymed!)
[…and the sidebar?]
It’s within the slide-in menu on the upper right. You’ll find:
- A link to my Twitter page.
- Links to the site sections described above.
- the latest. Links to the latest blog posts.
- follow nerdy.nel. A link to follow my blog.
- the count. A tally of the site’s total readership.
- the legalese. Copyright and disclaimer.
- My blogroll (top to bottom):
- the transfer station. Sites I find interesting.
- the science. Links to select science and engineering sites.
- the boogie down. See the beauty of The Bronx through these sites.
- the controverters. Links to the human biodiversity (HBD) and contrarian blogs I read most often.