nerdy.nel, a 31-year-old bilingual native of The Bronx, is a computer engineer, professional tutor, and math geek; this website, nerdynel.me, is a concourse of research.
Inglés e español – soy parte dominicano y parte puertorriqueño. ¡Hable español antes de hablar inglés!
A.k.a. my day job – mostly on the management side though. Engineering is my life:
- I have a Master of Engineering degree in electrical engineering and a baccalaureate degree in electronics and engineering technology,
- an active membership in the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (better known as the IEEE),
- and love mathematics and statistics – areas where engineering thrives!
Yes – mainly in mathematics and statistics; I have over 12 years of tutoring experience.
That’s me! I’ve loved mathematics since I was a kid; even now, I find calculus and statistics especially fascinating.
[…a concourse of research?]
con·course \ˈkän-ˌkȯrs, ˈkäŋ-\1: an act or process of coming together and merging
So what exactly “comes together” here? I’m glad you asked:
- the tutoring. Learn about the nerdy.nel Tutoring Service, my brand of professional tutoring in mathematics, statistics, and résumé, cover letter, and research paper revisions.
- the grand concourse. An abbreviated history of The Bronx’s historic Grand Concourse and its subway line, featuring photos and the latest ridership statistics.
- the blog. My personal blog.
- the concourse. Blog posts about The Bronx’s historic Grand Concourse and subway line.
- the hub. My research hub, where I explore engineering, biological and genetic diversity in Latin America and the Caribbean, and statistical trends I find interesting.
- the lessons. Blog posts chronicling my tutoring escapades.
- the nook. Blog news and notes, commentary, poetry, and other miscellany. (Hey, that rhymed!)
[…and the sidebar?]
It’s within the slide-in menu on the upper right. You’ll find:
- A link to my Twitter page.
- Links to the site sections described above.
- the latest. Links to the latest blog posts.
- follow nerdy.nel. A link to follow my blog.
- the count. A tally of the site’s total readership.
- the legalese. Copyright and disclaimer.
- My blogroll (top to bottom):
- the transfer station. Sites I find interesting.
- the science. Links to select science and engineering sites.
- the boogie down. See the beauty of The Bronx through these sites.
- the controverters. Links to the human biodiversity (HBD) and contrarian blogs I read most often.